Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hyperlinks in Outlook Express 6

• Please log in to reply

kjmom57

kjmom57

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Not sure if I am at the right site, but here it goes. I'm sure you've addressed this before but I'm new to this so please bear with me. I am running Win XP Pro here at work. I use Outlook Express 6. My computer is new from Dell as of 3/05. It came with all the bells and whistles including McAfee Security Center although I have not enable the SpamKiller on the email (seems to really screw things up).
Problem: Any emails that come from our vendors,etc., always have links to their products and so on. When I click on the URL links I get an error sound of some sort and am unable to open that hyperlink. What can I do to access these URL's except copy and paste into my browser (which is IE). Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Go to Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 urlmon.dll. Then go to: IE/Tools/Internet Options/Programs/Reset Web Settings.

Go to Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 actxprxy.dll and then repeat the process for regsvr32 shdocvw.dll.

Check your settings here:

Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/File Types. Highlight URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol/Advanced/Edit. Under Application used to perform action it should read: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome

Starjax

kjmom57

kjmom57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Under tools, I have no topic called "Folder Options".

kjmom57

kjmom57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Sorry, :tazz: I was under the wrong application; found it and it reads ok.
Thanks Starjax. Seems to be working fine now...greatly appreciated.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Glad to here that. :tazz:

Starjax