Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need a sound Driver update.

• Please log in to reply

cometflash

cometflash

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I few months ago, I run a software to clean my registry, as I was getting a lot of errors.

The program seem to have work great, and I didn't notice many errors after that.

But today I was trying to use my microphone, and I was unable to do so. I check the volume control panel, and there was no microphone option. I check the preferences, with no help.

I went to windows help to check information about my computer and I had:

Network Card-Not Supported-Recommended-look for driver

Sound Card-Not Supported-Recommended-look for driver

I resolve the network card driver problem, but I don't see to find an update to my sound card.

I tried to click on the look for driver link, but it give my a wrong page error, sending me to windows search site.

All I know about the sound card is from the information that it came with my computer (I couldn't find a driver in the CD that it came with).

Sound Cards : AC 97 32 BIT Full Duplex sound card (onboard)

I'm using Windows Xp Professional version 2002 with service pack 3.

Any other info you need I'll be happy to provide. Thanks for your time.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,

You need to tell us the manufacture/model number of your computer. Is it a dell, hp, etc... or home built? If home built, we need the motherboard manufacture/model number. Basically we need this so we can direct you to the correct driver.

cometflash

cometflash

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Hello,

You need to tell us the manufacture/model number of your computer. Is it a dell, hp, etc... or home built? If home built, we need the motherboard manufacture/model number. Basically we need this so we can direct you to the correct driver.

Thanks I was able to find the driver through the ASUS website. Everything is working fine now. The mic is now showing in the volume control, and I tested and it seems fine.

My mistake was to look for the driver with the sound card information. My computer was custom build, so the motherboard brand and name was all i need it.

Thanks for your help.