Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Empire at War Video Card Problems

• Please log in to reply

Alliea

Alliea

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hey ya'll, just needing some help with loading up Empire at War. I have installed it fine and everything is going well except when I want to play I am getting the "not enough Video memory" error. I have the Geforce2 go (older laptop of course) which, according to everything I have read, is supposed to be a 64MB card. My BIOS states that it is set at 16MB and will not let me change it. Is the information I have found wrong and it really is a 16MB or is it possible to change it??? If it is possible to change it, then could someone please tell me how? I have updated the drivers and DirectX as well so everything else is up to or surpassing the specs for the game. This is my only hang up.

Advertisements

Fllash

Fllash

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Google suggested that the Geforce2 Go has 32mb ram. To check, go:
Start -> Run and type "dxdiag" (no quotation marks)
(If you get a dialogue box asking a Yes or No question, press Yes)
Wait for a few seconds while the blue progress bar moves along the bottom of the window.
Press the Display Tab at the top of the window.
You will now see information about the Geforce2 Go. Look for 'Approx. Total Memory'.
Either way, the Geforce2 Go is not Directx 9c Compatible, which is required for Universe at War to Run.

Alliea

Alliea

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Great! Thanks for replying. I have to get a new vid card.