Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse Double Click Problems

• Please log in to reply

domer07

domer07

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
I have a Logitech wireless mouse and it has been acting a bit sluggish, so I tried running defragmentation, resetting the mouse a couple of times yesterday then installed new batteries. Then the mouse stop working properly in the double-click command to open programs and drop down menus at the top of pages. But the single click feature works just fine, the right click works fine and usually if I douple click on Help at the top of pages, that will open, then I can roll my cursor over other topics at the top and those menus will pop down. Sometimes I noticed when I double click to open something, like Favorites, the drop down menu will appear for about 1/4 second then disappear again.

One other thing I noted during defragmentation was that it got to about 56% then a window came up saying certain files could not be defragmented and said the process was complete.

My next option is to likely try to reinstall the mouse drivers, but thought I would try here first.

I am running Windows XP, Explorer 6 on a Athalon 64, Socket 939, 3200+ chip

Advertisements