Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Acer Epower and Visual Studio.

• Please log in to reply

kamikazeking

kamikazeking

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I've recently downloaded Visual Studio 2008 Pro to enable me to do university work from home and am having an infuriating problem. It keeps asking me if I want to debug things - including this webpage. Even if there were something perceivably wrong with it, I'd have no idea how to fix it and so to put it bluntly, I'd like it to sod off and stop asking. Anybody know how?

It also seems to be doing the same for my laptops power management device - this is especially infuriating as it stops it and means my laptop doesn't run properly. I'd REALLY appreciate it if someone could suggest a solution for this given that it makes my laptop incredibly frustrating to use. The programme seems to run fine till I refuse to debug it then it terminates it. I think the two problems are linked, though this one started a while after I downloaded visual studio - and started from what I can tell completely randomly.

The microsoft Power Meter seems to come up now when it never used to - is this in lu of the Acer one or part of the issue?

Thanks in advance, hope this is in the right area.

Advertisements

kamikazeking

kamikazeking

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I should probably add, my laptop is an Acer Aspire 392WLMI, and that I've tried reinstalling the Epower management programme.