Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weirdness with File Types, Icons, and Actions

• Please log in to reply

IntoTheForge

IntoTheForge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
All I did to start this was to click on a button that looked shiny. How pure entropy was spawned upon my unsuspecting registry is beyond me.

One day when I care again, I'll figure out everything I can about that registry. I'll probably wind up having to help my nephews and mother navigate what's sure to be the torrid seas of Windows 7 and beyond.

bluh. I hope is was good for you too.

Advertisements

Throoper

Throoper

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

All I did to start this was to click on a button that looked shiny. How pure entropy was spawned upon my unsuspecting registry is beyond me.

:) :)
That's that Windows "How dare you" bug. Also known as "Just try to change the ugly icon we picked".

Icon Tweaker works really well for changing icons M$ doesn't want you to change.
You have to admit it's been interesting (okay, in a pull your hair out and pound your computer way), but interesting. :)

I guess everything is good for you now?
If not just give a shout.

T.