Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Trojan-spy.html.smitfraud.c Problem

• Please log in to reply

bradleykish

bradleykish

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am running Windows 98 and had the Trojan-spy.html.smitfraud.c problem. I removed it by going into the registry and removing the System folder under Policies as posted in other topics. I also deleted the wp.exe and wp.bmp files. Now when I reboot, I get a black desktop image for the wallpaper and a Windows Explorer window just opens up automatically and freezes the system. When I try to open anything it says that there is not enough memory to perform the operation. Have I deleted a wrong registry key? Is the virus still on my computer somewhere? Please help!!! :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
can you load a hijackthis log and post it here in safe mode?

bradleykish

bradleykish

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have tried rebooting in safe mode and the same thing happens. The Windows Explorer window freezes everything and I can't open anything. Do I have major problems?