Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

35mm slide

• Please log in to reply

flip70

flip70

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have a lot of 35mm slides I would like to convert to digital. What would be the best scanner to buy that is reasonably priced. I looked at the Ion slide2pc but it requires a 2.0 USB & my computer does not have that. i'm not sure if i have 1.0 or1.5 have windows XP

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

I have a lot of 35mm slides I would like to convert to digital. What would be the best scanner to buy that is reasonably priced. I looked at the Ion slide2pc but it requires a 2.0 USB & my computer does not have that. i'm not sure if i have 1.0 or1.5 have windows XP

The options are 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 IIRC. That being said, if you gave us a make and model number for your computer we could tell you for sure. That being said a) there are USB 2.0 add-in cards and b)the USB spec is backwards compatible. A 2.0 device will work on a 1.0 or 1.1 port, just much much much more slowly.

flip70

flip70

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
What I have is a Dell Dimension 4300S