Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't get itunes to recognize my cd burner :(

• Please log in to reply

hoodleehoo

hoodleehoo

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
I have a NEC 2510A DVD-RW with the latest 2.19 driver and itunes will not recognize it. I can burn things with other software (although with video DVDs they often don't play on DVD players like it should) and it's supposed to work with itunes based on my research.

What's the deal? I have XP, btw. I have a playlist I need to burn to a CD but can't do it! I have another computer networked to it and can access the playlist on that computer, but it won't give me the option to burn something shared from the network (unless you know of a way?).

Please help! I can't find any good info online anywhere!

BTW, I have carbonite and dropbox on my computer could that be interfering? I disabled carbonite and exited out of dropbox and it still isn't working.

I have the latest version of itunes, and itunes sees the drive okay to play disc's but not to burn. I have another CD burner as well and same thing.

BTW, when I go to edit, preferences, advanced, there is no "burning" option like so many things instruct me to go to. I've looked everywhere and there isn't ANYTHING called burning anywhere in the preferences window.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I'm desperate!

Advertisements

hoodleehoo

hoodleehoo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
bump