Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Adobe Reader "internal error"

• Please log in to reply

wdc202

wdc202

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
I have Adobe Reader 4.0 on my W98 pc. It seems to work most times when I use it (for example, it retrieves IRS forms and allows me to print them). But other times (for example when I try to open a NY Times digest file like TimesDigest_12272008.pdf) I get a vague error message ("There was an error opening this document. An internal error occurred.” and I am unable to read the file.

Q1. Is there a later (free) version of Adobe Reader (for W98) I should download?
Q2. Need I delete V4.0 before I download the later version?
Q3. Why, I wonder, doesn’t WORD97 have a PDF option on its drop-down list for PDF file types? Is it just a commercial rights issue (or do later versions of WORD offer a PDF option)?
Q4. Is there another way to fix my “internal error?”

Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Your best option is to get rid of that bloated hog, and switch to FoxIt: http://www.filehippo...oxit/changelog/
Does very same things, is small, and error free.