Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quick Launch Missing

• Please log in to reply

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I don't see anything in your Hijack This log. <_<

Have you tried reinstalling Netscape?

Advertisements

hopeless

hopeless

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Yes, I've tried twice for the latest version. I also can't run Adsubtract. It wouldn't be a problem, but I use Netscape for mail, and I can't get to it except by roundabout means.

So, there is nothing in the hijack log? Should I run Ad Aware anyways, and if so, do I run it in Safe Mode (which is when I ran into problems) or in Normal?

Hopeless
<_<

K-Dawg

K-Dawg

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

This may sound elementary, but did you right click on the tool bar go to toolbars->quick launch?

taht worked for me. thanks

Edited by K-Dawg, 16 July 2004 - 05:44 AM.

hopeless

hopeless

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Yes, thanks.

There is something out there that takes away your ability to change the toolbar, it lets you click show Quick Launch, but when you go back in, it is unchecked again.

At any rate, I got the Quick Launch back, but now I can't get Netscape running. I downloaded it again and reinstalled, but it doesn't matter. It won't run. Runs Winamp, though. Hmm. It won't even come up, and it won't launch from the desktop.

I believe this is related to my original problem, since it all happened at the same time.

I am tracking someone else having the same problem.

It has been so long since I had to reinstall it - I don't remember proxy stuff. How do I know if I need to put anything in there or not?

Hopeless
<_<