Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting a Desktop Computer to an HDTV

• Please log in to reply

prophet2010

prophet2010

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello. I have recently acquired an HDTV. I thought it would interesting to connect my computer to my television. Everytime I connect though the television displays a "Not Supported Format" message. The television has a VGA jack so I am using that to transfer the video. My computer has a ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series video card. I already checked to make sure it was capable of doing this. I am not sure what format it is talking about. I called the television company ,but they were no help. In the manual it list three different formats that are compatible with the television, but I do not know what format it is. I am guessing it is video format. It lists SVGA, XGA and WXGA. Can you please tell me what format it is talking about and can i format my computer to one of those? Thank you for your help.

Edited by prophet2010, 27 December 2008 - 12:29 PM.

Advertisements