Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PCI device showing yellow apostrophe, onboard sound to blame

• Please log in to reply

platinum gold

platinum gold

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Just bought a new pre-built base unit and i installed OS/drivers/software onto it myself. Its a nice quad core AMD phenom 9850 with ALive N570 SLI -esata2 m/b & ATi Radeon HD 2400 graphics card plus 4 gb RAM

I installed Windows XP Pro 32 bit version onto it and installed all the drivers such as the graphics card and the m/b CD drivers including the HD audio one which appears to install successfully but..

There is a yellow apostrophe showing that there is a PCI device not properly installed under the device manager.

Clicking on properties it appears to be the HD audio to blame, especially considering that I have now tested the audio on the machine (hadnt done the audio check previously as was intending to install a pro audio sound card in the pci slot which i havent done yet as want to make sure everything is working before i move on to that) and its either silent when there should be audio online playing off a page, or trying to open an mp3 it says could not open the file, problem with my sound device, it may not be installed properly or in use by another program..

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0371&SUBSYS_08881849&REV_A2\3&267A616A&0&31 showing under properties of the device manager which leads me to believe it is the audio drivers not doing their job properly.

HELP much appreciated as I'm a total loss at what to do except send my pc back to the people who built it 300 miles away at my own expensive when they re-open in the new year.

Edited by platinum gold, 27 December 2008 - 12:45 PM.

Advertisements