Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

partitioning hardrive

• Please log in to reply

k_r_b_

k_r_b_

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i keep trying to partition my hardrive (eventually downgrade back to xp)
but when i open up computer mangement it jus says
loading disk configuration information and i cant get anything up on the screen can any1 help please

Advertisements

lurky

lurky

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
well, firstly, I'm not so sure you can repartition an existing ntfs partition within disk management. I think it has to have free space before you can re allocate it. Try picking up acronis disk director or a new version of partition magic. (Has to be the newest version of partition magic or it will damage your vista install.)

Fllash

Fllash

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
So after opening Computer management, you click Disk management and at the bottom it says ' Loading Disk Configuration'? Try ejecting all CD's and unplugging all USB mass storage drives. You should be able to play around with partitions in Disk management, such as resizing and formatting etc.

Josh