Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

my dell desktop is frozen on the black screen with the energy star log

• Please log in to reply

charlieJA

charlieJA

• Pip
  • 1 posts
the screen has the energy star logo, no blinking cursor, says press f8 to enable system, f9 to select booting etc. the screen is frozen nothing i press on the keyboard does anything, i power on and off but cannot get off this screen. i tried inserting startup disc, but everything is frozen. any suggestions?

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts
Welcome to geeks to go.

When you reboot the computer and during startup, do the "num lock, caps lock, and scroll lock" lights flash?

The answer to the first question will determine whether the system sees the keyboard.

During bootup, start tapping the F8 key to bring up a screen for safe mode and last known configuration.