Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

World of Warcraft Classic BSOD problem

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Having a slight problem with WoW. Yes, I know it's beyond geeky but it fills up the dull winter evenings. Every now and then at random it bluescreens out, leaving me an error, the technical details of which are below:

STOP: (0x00000050 C0xE61AFA38, 0x00000001, 0xBF18C626, 0x00000001)

ati3duag.dll - Address BF18C626 base at BF16B000, Datestamp 46eb3954

Any ideas? I have tried updating my video card drivers but the install wouldn't work. Judging by the error, I suspect the problem may lie there.

Incidentally I am running a 2.8ghz P4 processor with 1gb RAM, and a 512mb ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP, if that helps.

Please help, I'm starting to go twitchy not being able to hammer giant spiders to death.

The last part may be somewhat satirical.

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hello :)

Several people have reported that downloading these two MS patches might help:

Then again some people have also reported that this did not help.

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,585 posts
an error of stop 0x00000050 is an indication of bad / faulty memory.

Click this for a guide to using Memtest

Click this to download Memtest

Run it overnight if possible