Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

good movie making program

• Please log in to reply

joaquinNicoletti

joaquinNicoletti

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Before now, i have been using windows movie maker. it is THE crappiest program in the world. not only does it freeze, but it takes a long time to get things done. I tried a few programs, but none are helping. see all i want is pretty much a replica of movie maker that does not freeze every second. so far all i've found are slideshow programs. Movie maker would be great if it didnt freeze, because it's free and easy to use. But it freezez. does anyone know a program that plays videos as well as pictures, where you can trim clips, add efffects and music? Oh and it has to be free.... :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Movie Maker tends to fall over if the source files you're feeding it are too big.
VirtualDub - http://virtualdub.org - is an alternative, feed it some video, add your own audio track. You can add some effects as well. Also with this you can use it to chop video clips down to manageable chunks for Movie Maker. Very powerful program.

joaquinNicoletti

joaquinNicoletti

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
how do you cut chunks out of audio?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Any decent separate audio editing program such as Goldwave (shareware), CoolEdit and other such programs. Many available in Google.