Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Enthernet/Dialup card in one?

• Please log in to reply

CamTheMan

CamTheMan

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Hi,

I'm trying to find a card that has a RJ-45 port along with a dial up port on it as well. Can you post a link to one if you can find it?

Thank you in advance!

Cameron

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Since most if not all boards today come with network ports on board, would it not be easier to just add a modem?

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
What are you trying to do? I doubt that you will find a card which has a network connection and a modem.

You might want to look at the SMC 7004ABR router, which has the ability to connect to a network, as well as using a modem (external) to also dialup to make a connection. This is just a guess on my part since I am not sure of what you are really asking for.

CamTheMan

CamTheMan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Thank you both for your replies.

Basically, this computer only has a modem port. I was wanting to upgrade it to RJ45 and dial up so then i could do Dialup or High Speed. The only thing stopping me from just buying the two separate were that there was one empty PCI slot that was empty, however the slot looked crooked. I later figured out that it is normal for it to be crooked. So now I just went and bought a separate RJ45 PCI card and it worked.

Thank you again!!!

Happy New year!