Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FPS Lag- Please Help

• Please log in to reply

bekkers

bekkers

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently made a new computer, with good specs "3.5 ghz, 512 9500GT Nvidia, 3+ gb ram" ect I play a game called Team fortress 2 on Steam.
For some reason i get lag spikes where my fps drops to around 2-3. Its weird i get some clear gaming then these massive spikes? I usually play with my room mate on the same network could that have anything to do with it? cause i heard there can be problems with ISP ect.

Please helps, much thanks Tom Bekkers

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

I recently made a new computer, with good specs "3.5 ghz, 512 9500GT Nvidia, 3+ gb ram" ect I play a game called Team fortress 2 on Steam.
For some reason i get lag spikes where my fps drops to around 2-3. Its weird i get some clear gaming then these massive spikes? I usually play with my room mate on the same network could that have anything to do with it? cause i heard there can be problems with ISP ect.

Please helps, much thanks Tom Bekkers

Try playing a game that is not network related. See if the drops happen. Also are you playing over wireless?