Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Sound From PC

• Please log in to reply

Skeleton Key

Skeleton Key

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi folks! I'm really hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I recently moved my Gateway PC out of my den and am now running my computer through my Denon home audio reciever and using the family room television for my monitor. I puchased an ATI Radeon 4850 to ensure that the image would look favorable on a 65-inch screen and am running the video through HDMI. I had read on another message board that in many instances, when running audio and video through HDMI from grapohics cards, only the video signal will carry and not the audio. I'm finding this to be true as I have crisp clear video coming through but absolutely no audio. I've double checked all the sourcing options on the receiver and it simply will not carry an audio signal.

As much as I wanted to run the audio through my home theater speakers, I decided that, until I purchase a new sound card and try running the audio through that via SPDIF, I would at least go back to using the 5.1 Logitech speakers I had been using in the den prior to moving the PC to the family room. I've reconnected all of the speakers and sub-woofer to the audio jacks on the back of the PC but still have no sound. I'm afraid that I don't know enough about audio troubleshooting to know what else I need to do to return the audio settings to what they were initially.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!!!

Advertisements