Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

D-link Dl-624 wireless router issue

• Please log in to reply

mikeygusa

mikeygusa

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all,

This is the first time that I have used this web site, so please bare with me. I have a Verizon DSL modem( Westell 2200) that I am connecting a D-link Dl-624 wireless router to. The modem works fine, but when I connect the router to the modem and connect the PC to one of the ports on the router, I am unable to get onto the internet.

The wireless signal is there, but I am unable to get on the internet via this signal as well. I have made some adjustments in the router wizard, but no luck! Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
-M

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
Hi Mike
Welcome to G2G
On the xp machine could you please go to Start>all programs>accessories>cmd prompt.
At the prompt type in ipconfig enter
What are the ip subnet and gateway numbers.
Cheers
peterm