Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unknown Folders on my C Drive

• Please log in to reply

swifer11

swifer11

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello to all geekstogo members, i need some help regarding my laptop. I have a Unknown Folders on my C Drive. Those are virus? I have a Norton Anti Virus on my laptop. How can i delete those folders? Attached the image of the folders..
Thanks in advance

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Be aware that it's possible to make and name folders manually through legitimate means and programs so the entries in the root of the drive probably don't mean anything.
Which folders are you referring to?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi swifer11...

If the files at the bottom of the list are what you are referring to, those are system files and would only be showing if you have disabled "Hide Protected Operating System Files" in Folder Options.

It's a good idea to keep these protected files hidden so that they are not accidentally moved or removed.

To change this setting, open Control Panel, double click on the "Folder Options" icon, click on the "View" tab, and put a tick in the box next to "Hide Protected Operating System Files". Apply the settings.

You might also want to hide other files and folders that are critical to system operation. Put a tick in the radio button next to "Do not show hidden files and folders" and Apply that change, too.

wannabe1

swifer11

swifer11

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you very much for your quick reply I appreciate it. Now its ok. Excellent
God Bless
:) :)