Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless driver dissapears

• Please log in to reply

toyma

toyma

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hello everyone,

I was working as usual last week, and all of a sudden, after turning on the laptop, my wireless drivers had dissapeared. After trying to manually update them, using the Recovery program to re install the drivers as they came originally, I ended up resetting the whole thing (thinking it might be a virus), and it worked.
But 2 days later again
And today again.
The only particular thing that comes to mind is that after the windows updates, it happens again.

Can anyone think of anything??? :)

I am using a Compaq Presario V3000 with Vista Home Basic.

Thanks as usual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisements

Gentoolink

Gentoolink

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Are you sure the drivers are missing? Or is there something wrong with your hardware? Have you tested your hardware?

toyma

toyma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
It is only the drives that dissapear. So far, I've reset the system again and i'm working from it as we speak.

I upgraded the BIOS a while ago by suggestion of the Hp tech support, but had to reset the machine again anyway. Frustrating day.... now my usb flash card where i put all my files to be able to reset, has died. It refuses to light up :)

Can't think of anything i haven't done........help!!!

Gentoolink

Gentoolink

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
What other hardware failures are you experiencing? So far I have noted wireless and possibly usb. Try posting this problem in the hardware forum. My specialty is networking. It sounds like an intermittent hardware problem to me.

toyma

toyma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hi!

So far I don't seem to have any other problems... with these I've had enough, believe me! And having lost all of my documents is not exactly making me very happy....

Thanks for the help!