I selected the specific application based on my product serial number on the official Gateway site.
I am following the read me instructions step by step. It seems fool proof enough:
Installation for Windows Vista
1. If you have not already done so, locate and double-click the file Winphlash1656.exe. Files extract to the C:\Cabs\Winphlash1656 folder.
2. From the Windows Vista default Start menu, click Computer, double-click Local Disk (C:), double-click Cabs, and then double-click Winphlash1656.
3. In the C:\Cabs\Winphlash1656 folder, double-click Winplash1656.exe.
Note: In Windows Vista, you must right-click Winplash1656.exe and then choose Run as administrator.
4. In the Phoenix WinPhlash dialog box, verify that Backup BIOS and Flash BIOS with new setting is selected.
Note: If the location is already listed as C:\Cabs\7808\Winphlash\BIOS Files\7808.wph, click Flash BIOS. Otherwise, skip to step 5.
5. In the Specify New BIOS file window, click Browse. Browse to the BIOS directory (example: C:\Cabs\new bios), and then click Flash BIOS.
6. After the BIOS has completed, click Restart.
I'm stuck at some point around steps four and five. Is this something that I can do without then?
Edited by rexusdiablos, 29 December 2008 - 03:34 PM.