Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Constant Freeze Up

• Please log in to reply

ZeroTolerance1

ZeroTolerance1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
For about a week now my computer is on a daily basis is freezing up where as I cant do anything. I cant use the reset button on the tower to reset it so I have to turn of the power off on the outlet strip to reboot. I have ran some spyware programs such as, Malwarebytes, Spyware Search and Destroy, Threatfire and CCleaner and its registery cleaner and they have found some things and I have rid of them. Still have the freeze ups, although spyware might not be the problem but I thought Id give that a shot. Im a my wits end at what to do with this problem. I do have HiJackThis if needed for a log. Any help on this would be wonderful. Thank you in advance to all. Im running Win XP with service pack 3.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Download, and install SpeedFan: http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
Post your computer temperatures:

Posted Image

Provide processor info (hold Windows key, and hit Pause/Break key to find out).

ZeroTolerance1

ZeroTolerance1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
untitled.JPG untitled2.JPG

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Temps look OK.

I have ran some spyware programs such as, Malwarebytes, Spyware Search and Destroy, Threatfire and CCleaner and its registery cleaner and they have found some things and I have rid of them

Let's make sure, your computer is totally clean...
I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

ZeroTolerance1

ZeroTolerance1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you, heading over to the Malware Forum