Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Boot/Logon problem.

• Please log in to reply

Seanny

Seanny

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok. Here is my problem.
I came to this computer and installed succesfuly Microsoft Access XP. Everything worked O.K. till I logged out from Administrator. Then when I wanted to login with user it said smth like sas.exe error... winlogon...(Don't realy remember). So now when I boot it it says the same error everytime and rebbots computer. ???
Is this all just because of simple Access? Oh, I also forgot to mention that there were installed some products from Office 2003 (Word,Excel). Is it possible that Office XP and Office 2003 are THAT incoppatible? Help me please...

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
No, not likely--well, sort of not likely.

Sounds like a corrupted registry....print and follow the following instructions

http://support.micro...om/?kbid=307545

Seanny

Seanny

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well I don't think it's a registry problem.. It says something like memory can't be read 0x0000000 and so on... And also it doesn't say any of those error in and article you've linked me to.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
You said something like "sas.exe error"....could it have been lsass.exe error?

Here's why I suspect a corrupt registry...when you install a program, it makes hundreds or writes to the registry. Addiitonally, the winlogon error is often related to the lsass.exe error.

The article I linked to does not list every single error that this issue addresses, but tell you what, why don't you boot the computer and write the error down and report back. That would be very helpful in diagnosing the problem...right now, it is pure guesswork because you have not supplied enough info