Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nasty Virus/Malware Attack

• Please log in to reply

ShowMeTheMagic

ShowMeTheMagic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'll keep this as simple as I can. I know there's a bug in the computer, but I can't even get it to boot into Safe Mode now. I can get to the Safe Mode menu options, but as soon as I choose an option, the computer just reboots over and over. I had one like this a while back and was able to fix everything by being in Safe Mode, but this one is obviously more malicious than the other one was.

And no, I do not have a Boot CD, nor do I have the original XP install disk to get to the Repair Console. I'm trying to figure out how to make a bootable CD from another machine, but I've never had to make one, and so far all I'm finding are vague references to, "You have to make a bootable CD," but no instructions on how to do it. And Windows Help is no help at all.

Operating system: Win XP Media Center edition, SP3.

If I can just boot into Safe Mode, I can take it from there. Any help will be most greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Advertisements