Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

email being misdirected to weird address

• Please log in to reply

flurble

flurble

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I've been corresponding with an NGO the past month or so, and recently, for some very odd reason, my emails to the NGO have also been getting sent to a yahoo address belonging to another organization which neither my correspondent at the NGO nor I am familiar with.

Why is this happening? It's not all my emails that are getting sent there, and it's only started happening in the last 4 emails I sent. I checked my "to" line very carefully and the only email address I have is info@[orgname].org, but [unfamiliarorg]@yahoo.com keeps receiving my emails.

Nobody knows why this is happening. I don't want the other organization to be receiving my emails, and they don't want to be receiving them either. But nobody knows what to do. I suggested setting up a filter on their yahoo account, but that doesn't really solve the problem, as I don't know if this is maybe cause by a virus on my computer or on the NGO's computers.

Help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Double-check that you do not have any forward to address set up. Yahoo has been experiencing problems with their emails, but I thought it was limited to the emails they were sending to our accounts from Yahoo!Answers. Possibly it is all over Yahoo right now. Recently, many of us have been getting hundreds of the same emails for the same Best Answer and it has been going on for days.

Maybe see if these will help:

Toll Free USA: 1-800-318-0631 (This may be the billing department)
Toll Free USA: 1-866-562-7219
Toll Free Canada: 1-877-722 3755
Direct Number: 1-408-349-1572
Yahoo Fax Number: 1-408-349-3301

Never called them so they may not be valid numbers.