Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

web site traffic optimization

• Please log in to reply

tutorialsguide

tutorialsguide

• Pip
  • 3 posts
dear forum attenders
after hearing many success stories from people who placed google ads and get money from adsense i have made one web site on google pages.the sites url is http://freecomputing...lepages.com.But even if i submitted to yahoo and google search engines the site does not appear for the key words i expected. i have seen many less quality web sites than me appearing at the first pages in the search engines.i have read many search engine optimization techniques but they are not working for me.i am from ethiopia and i cant pay for some sites that give directories.can you please tell me what i have to do to increase traffic to my web site.i know the content be very useful to users.Besdes that please tell me what i have to do.

Nur

Advertisements

Kieran C

Kieran C

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
SEO is one of the most difficult parts of web design to master.

Your site is one Google. Click here.

Google's database of sites is being updated every few minutes, and SEO is a never ending process.

Keeping your site updated often is one of the best ways to increase traffic.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You need to make sure your keywords are optimized and you are not using those that are common to other sites or in a way that the SEs will penalize you.

Your site link is not working even after removing the ".but" part.

Kieran C

Kieran C

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
The link works for me...

Try here: http://freecomputing...ooglepages.com/

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Thanks, Kieran C. Just don't have the time to fool with some things. :)

I checked the page and did not see any meta tags with keywords or description of page. One recommendation is to use ONE external CSS stylesheet and remove all the styling from your pages and put the CSS link tag on each page.

Several coding errors for both the CSS and HTML on the page.

Useful tool: Meta Tag Generator

Kieran C

Kieran C

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
No problem. :)

To add to my original post, do a Google for Web Design Articles... 36,900,000 Results!

You'll have to have a pretty good website to get to the top ten...

tutorialsguide

tutorialsguide

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks for your replies.
can u also please tell me what kind of site will generate more viewers.And can u tell me more ways to increase traffic to the site.

Kieran C

Kieran C

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
When you say what kind of site will generate more views...That's impossible to say. No matter what kind of a website you have, if it is what people want, they will find it.

More ways to increase traffic...
Have a look here: http://www.starlite-...ation-Articles/

:)