Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Purple Hue on Monitor

• Please log in to reply

Trippster

Trippster

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Hello

I am trying to help my brother out with a problem he has had for quite awhile. He is now running Windows XP with an 8800 GTS graphics card and a 19'' ViewSonic monitor via a DVI connection. The problem is at what seems to be random times a purple hue covers the monitor and lasts for a random duration. We have ruled out the cable as the problem, as various different cables haven't helped. I just want anyones opinion on whether they think it is the monitor or the graphics card. Also he has 2x 8800 GTS's, both same exact model that he has swapped back and forth but to no help. So again, think its the monitor, or a weird coincidence that both graphic's cards are dying, or something else?

Thanks

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Rather than guessing, it might be easier if you just tried another monitor. Kinda doubt both vid cards are bad at the same time.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Hello

I am trying to help my brother out with a problem he has had for quite awhile. He is now running Windows XP with an 8800 GTS graphics card and a 19'' ViewSonic monitor via a DVI connection. The problem is at what seems to be random times a purple hue covers the monitor and lasts for a random duration. We have ruled out the cable as the problem, as various different cables haven't helped. I just want anyones opinion on whether they think it is the monitor or the graphics card. Also he has 2x 8800 GTS's, both same exact model that he has swapped back and forth but to no help. So again, think its the monitor, or a weird coincidence that both graphic's cards are dying, or something else?

Thanks

1st make sure you have nothing Magnetized sitting close or right next to his monitor. Anything electrical that has a magnet inside of it like an AC FAN for cooling rooms, Subwoofer, etc and move it away from the monitor more than 3 feet.

Its probably the monitor going bad or either a connection is not firmly connected. Just check again the connection on the monitor and the connection to his video card and tighten them down. You could of also in the past had something electrical with a magnet to close to his monitor that caused the issue.