Thanks for helping me with this problem. I did go to Everest and downloaded the free utility. That gives a snapshot of what is being used on my system. A good utility! Thank you for that program.
Well, it looks like I finally got it fixed. I originally saved all the downloads made by Driver Detective from DriversHQ
. They were really useless when it comes to tech support.
And so I asked for a refund on two of my MANY requests for tech-sup. They finally answered by blocking any further access to driver downloads. Shortly thereafter they sent me an email saying that they were giving me a refund. A day later the refund went through. Then a day later someone called and said they were going to start processing my refund. These guys are really screwed up! I told the woman who called that I had already received the refund.
The fix was in the Driver Detective driver downloads Subdirectory
(also known as a Folder).
I simply ran their downloaded files once again and the first thing I noticed was a return of my fast Internet download speeds (about 170 KB/sec on my DSL line here at the house). But I still got the SiSPower.dll error box as I booted-up. Of course I had to RESTART my computer each time between updating each driver. During the reboot of running the first update, a MicroSoft BLUE SCREEN appeared to check my disk. I let it do its thing and after some time it continued to boot up. This is what cleared up my Internet download, transfer and connection speeds. Finally I came to the IDE controller SiS-driver update. That was it!! The RUNDLL box showing the SiSPower.dll error DID NOT APPEAR after I installed that driver!
Finally, both problems are solved!
It's too bad Driver Detective tech-sup couldn't just have contacted me directly - the problem could have been easily solved and they could have kept the $29.95 I originally paid them.
Have a good New Years and may you all prosper greatly next year.