Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PROBLEM: Windows DLL Error during boot-up

• Please log in to reply

Jace1

Jace1

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I am very hopeful that someone has an answer to my problem.

I will keep this as brief as possible...

PROBLEM: RUNDLL box appears during boot-up after Desktop appears.
TEXT: "Error loading SiSPower.dll; The specific module could not be found."

SYMPTOMS: very slow/long application access times. Problems encountered when watching DVDs (professional technical DVDs) and Internet websites that have videos (technical and professional only). NOTE: Very poor performance with Internet Explorer 7.

I did switch to Mozilla Firefox and have found much improved access times.

Does anyone have any answers to the SiSPower.dll problem?

Jace1

Edited by Jace1, 30 December 2008 - 03:28 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
SiSPower.dll is related to your SIS chipset, and it controls power options.
Most likely, your best option is to reinstall chipset driver.

Jace1

Jace1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for the input. I will have to figure out how to find and load/reload my chipset drivers. I have an Acer Laptop Aspire 5000 series machine. I guess I must access the Acer Notebook site? But the Download Acer center comes up as not working. I will contact Acer tech service once more.

Jace1

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
It looks like US support site is down, but I opened Canada's site: http://www.acerpanam...id=3394#results
However, I can't see any chipset drivers there.

Download, and install Everest: http://www.majorgeek...wnload4181.html
Open it, click Computer, then Summary.
In upper menu, go Report>Quick Report-Summary
Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.
Don't include anything under the line Debug - PCI

Jace1

Jace1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Ok, I will do that. But will that give me the Chipset drivers I need? It is very difficult accessing and downloading any large files as the speed continues to drift downward until the transfer stops. I cannot afford to send this computer to Acer at this time. As seems usual, my 3-year warranty is very likely up unless the 3 year warranty was tacked onto my 1 year mfgr. warranty. Who knows, I don't have access to my paperwork any longer. I purchased it at Circuit City in 2005.

Jace1

Jace1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for helping me with this problem. I did go to Everest and downloaded the free utility. That gives a snapshot of what is being used on my system. A good utility! Thank you for that program.

Well, it looks like I finally got it fixed. I originally saved all the downloads made by Driver Detective from DriversHQ. They were really useless when it comes to tech support. And so I asked for a refund on two of my MANY requests for tech-sup. They finally answered by blocking any further access to driver downloads. Shortly thereafter they sent me an email saying that they were giving me a refund. A day later the refund went through. Then a day later someone called and said they were going to start processing my refund. These guys are really screwed up! I told the woman who called that I had already received the refund.

The fix was in the Driver Detective driver downloads Subdirectory (also known as a Folder). :) I simply ran their downloaded files once again and the first thing I noticed was a return of my fast Internet download speeds (about 170 KB/sec on my DSL line here at the house). But I still got the SiSPower.dll error box as I booted-up. Of course I had to RESTART my computer each time between updating each driver. During the reboot of running the first update, a MicroSoft BLUE SCREEN appeared to check my disk. I let it do its thing and after some time it continued to boot up. This is what cleared up my Internet download, transfer and connection speeds. Finally I came to the IDE controller SiS-driver update. That was it!! The RUNDLL box showing the SiSPower.dll error DID NOT APPEAR after I installed that driver!

Finally, both problems are solved!

It's too bad Driver Detective tech-sup couldn't just have contacted me directly - the problem could have been easily solved and they could have kept the $29.95 I originally paid them.

Have a good New Years and may you all prosper greatly next year.

Jace

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Posted Image