Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer wont start...

• Please log in to reply

Seba641

Seba641

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I just bought a new video card MSI GeForce GTX 260,and extra 4gb of ram (i have now 8gb) Everything was working fine my computer power up went to windows on low resolution so I uninstalled my old video card drivers, and I started to install my new card drivers. Installation went fine and I was asked to reboot my computer, but right after restart my computer froze at "Verifying DMI Pool Data" and stayed there, doesn't go to windows loading screen at all. I tried to clear my CMOS, I have checked if I didn't leave CD in my drive, everything that I though about that might be wrong was fine. Clearing CMOS didn't work at all. Plz help me.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
well for one thing it says you have vista 32 bit if that is true take out the extra 4 gb of memory as vista 32 can only see 4gb and only use around 3.2gb.... Also is the old video dead or are you just upgrading? IF upgrading try puttting the original card back in. if you can get it running with that then uninstall the drivers for the video before shutting down. Then install the new card and follow what ever directions it gives you for installing the new card.... Also does your motherboard support sli? Do you have enough power to run the card? does the card require extra power plugs and if so are they plugged in?