Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)

• Please log in to reply

b17sam

b17sam

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I now have an uninvited unwelcome guest on my Toshiba Satellite laptop XP. Its name is < Internet Explorer (No Addons) > and it is causing all kinds of trouble with my computer and my regular browser Internet Explorer. I tried to Restore but I can't get on Restore now. How can I get rid of it? It does not appear on Add/Remove Programs. It shows up when I try to access files or folders on the Internet.
I am sure I have confused you good people more than I have informed you, so if you have any questions I will do my best to answer them. b17sam

www.b17sam.com

XP home SevicePack 3
Toshiba Satellite A85 Laptop
1.40 gigahertz Intel Celeron M
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
BIOS: TOSHIBA V1.10
AVG antivirus 8.0
c: (NTFS on drive 0) 40.01 GB 16.09 GB free

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello b17sam...

Internet Explorer (No Addons) is a "safe mode" version of Internet Explorer that can be used when IE won't work due to a corrupted addon. It's installed with Internet Explorer and can be a real life saver if the regular Internet Explorer should stop working at some point.

Firefox also includes a similar browser that's aptly named Firefox (Safe Mode) which is installed with the regular browser for the same reasons.

If you are having problems with your browser, we'll need a more complete description of the problem in order to help you with it.

wannabe1

b17sam

b17sam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Wannabe1 for your quick reply. Looks like I should learn to live with it.