Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I remove secondary operating system name off of my BIOS

• Please log in to reply

Muilenburg

Muilenburg

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have to operating systems on my BIOS one is windows xp professional and the other says windows xp professional setup. The default is the windows xp professional setup. If I dont click up to go the windows xp professional than it will take me to a screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left hand corner. Is there a way to delete windows xp professional setup?

I had gone into Control Panel>>System>>Advanced>>Startup and Recovery>>Settings>>Edit and I deleted windows xp professional setup than saved the boot file. When I rebooted the computer it still has two operating systems up and goes to something called Windows (default) which is pretty much the same as windows xp professional setup but with a fancy new name. :) If anyone would know how to at least change the order so that I don't automatically go straight to the default which in turn makes me reboot the computer it would be very helpful.

Advertisements

makinu1der2

makinu1der2

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Hello ,

Go to Control Panel > System > Advanced > under Startup and Recovery click settings > under Default Operating System choose the correct

option > remove the checkmark for " Time to display list of Operating System"

See if that will help.

Muilenburg

Muilenburg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Ya before when I tried to delete part of the boot file it also deleted the options of setting the default. I was able to Recover the system back to where it had the options in boot of windows xp professional or windows xp professional setup. I went in and tried that and it worked. Thanks for the help. :)