Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Access Denied Contact Administrator - Excel problem

• Please log in to reply

samgood8

samgood8

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I have a network of 3 computers in my office. I have Microsoft Office Excel 2007 on my Vista PC (Computer 1) and Microsoft Office Excel 2003 on the other two XP PCs (Computers 2&3) We all share the 'MY Documents' folder on Computer 2. If I create a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 on Computer 1 and save it to the shared MY Documents folder, then open it on Computer 2, If i try again to open it from Excel 2007 on Computer 1 again then I get the following message: "Access Denied. Please Contact your Administrator". The Same thing happens when I try to open it from Computer 3. Is there a simple fix for this or do I need to upgrade the other Excels?

Advertisements

maeleo

maeleo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[HI samgood8

did you find the answer to your issue?
I have quitethe same issue so if you can help me should nice?

using windows xp and office2007 (since 2 weeks) on my laptop. When i save a excel file (97/2003 excel format) in my computer with excel2007, no problem, but when i move or save directly on my company server drive, the file is read only and I can not modify (error message : someone or an other application is using the file so it's locked. can edit in read only. if i do the same with excel2003 no problem. the only way we founded is to reboot the server and then we can access the file again and delete. but if i save or move again an excel file from my computer (excel2007) we havethe same issue again. what is the diffrence betwen excel2003 and excel2007? (no problem with excel 2003)

thnaks for your help