Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Wireless not working on laptop, OK on desktop

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Something is wrong with my Dell laptop. I am running Vista, with an integrated wireless card. I've determined that it's not the router causing trouble, it's my laptop itself. (Desktop still connecting fine) I cannot connect wirelessly, or via LAN. Any ideas of what's causing this?

It was working fine yesterday, and today is not. Nothing has been downloaded in the interim (to my knowledge), so I'm assuming it's not a virus..Could be wrong though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Do you have your laptop set up with the same information as your router on your desk top? If not you have to do that. I don't know which router you have, so I'll give you info I have for a Linksys. Probably the same or close.

Type in browser ip address for router such as click go. It may ask you for user name and password that you have on your router. Type in all that info. Check all the info to make sure it says exactly the same thing as your router on your desk top, and then it should work. Save all info if you change anything.

Not sure if this is what you are referring to, but thought I would give it a try.