Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Laptop - headset (chat & sound issues)

• Please log in to reply

truder

truder

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Not sure how to explain this but hoping someone can help. I recently bought a headset (which includes a mic) for my laptop. I generally will use this for gaming. When i plug the headset and mic in i get this God awful screaching when i speak and i can also hear myself talk. There is like a 2 second delay after i speak and i can hear my voice. After reading up a bit online I think is has something to do with the setup on my laptop. Maybe the mic on my laptop and the mic on the headset are both picking my voice up causing the interference but not sure because when I unplug the headset I still hear the interfernce. When I am playing the game alone, no interference the sound is good but obviously i am not talking. Is it possible it is people I am talking to that have the problem because they can hear the screatching as well. If someone can please let me know if they think this is the problem and help me fix i will greatly appreciate the help.

Thank you and have a Happy New Year.

Truder

Advertisements