Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Work stations need to see D: drive on server

• Please log in to reply

mhb

mhb

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am installing Peachtree Quantum 2009 on my server. It is installed on my D: drive on the server and I need to be able to map to it from my 4 workstations. My old version of Peachtree was located on the C: drive and was mapped using an IP address. How can I get my stations to see the server D: drive?

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Hi mhb
Welcome to G2G
1st question. What kind of server are you using ?
Server 2000, Server 2003, Linux or Unix or Apple.
If you are using Server 2000 or 2003 are you using Active directory ?
Cheers
Peterm

mhb

mhb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Peterm,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am running a Server 2003 but I am not sure what an Active Directory is.

Terry

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Hi Terry
Did you set up the server or is there an admin who looks after things.
I am only asking as you seem to have little knowledge of what the system is doing - Active directory is a main part
of running a network and I don't wan't to give you information that could comproise what has been set up.
If you could give me a better idea of who set it up ( some people have set up Servers and not run Active directory)
As I said I am only asking so we don't cause a comprise as there are several ways to do what you want.
Cheers
Peterm

mhb

mhb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Peterm,

Our admin guy came in. I had it mapped incorrectly but we've got it now. I was going one too many files in when I mapped it. Thanks again for trying to help me.

Terry