Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

.dll's

• Please log in to reply

qcnuke

qcnuke

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
In trying to install some software, I received a "msls32.dll corrupted or missing" message. How can I get this repaired so things will work again?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
msls32.dll is definitely not Windows file, but MS**32.DLL (* = random char) belongs to CoolWebSearch malware.
So...
I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

qcnuke

qcnuke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thank you so much. I am trying to work on it. I can't even reload windows XP Pro set-up from my disk now. I am hosed. do you think starting over with Vistas will give me a clean slate?

Thanks,

Robbie

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

I can't even reload windows XP Pro set-up from my disk now

Explain, please.

qcnuke

qcnuke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I saved files and such to disks and tried to reload Windows XP Pro from the original disk. I received a message that an upgrade would not be available and it wouldn't connect to the internet. when the macine restarted and went to boot from the drive, as normal, it just sat with a black screen with a blinking flat line cursor all night. Does this repeatedly. If I choose Windows XP start, the machine starts up in Windows like it should. My IE is dead, I removed the file, can't reload. The last attempt to reload Windows XP resulted in sticking at the "Restarting Computer" phase.

I was wondering if I just went after it with a new OS altogether, Vista Ultimate, if it would take over and erase everything else and let me get on with it. also, which is a better system to set up, 32 or 64 bit?

Thanks,

Robbie

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Are you saying, that, if you try to BOOT from Windows XP CD, the computer goes to the black screen?
If so, before you do anything else, we'll have to investigate why.
Is it legit, full install Windows XP CD, to start with?

qcnuke

qcnuke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
This is a legit full install retail disk I purchased when upgrading from Windows 2000. It will boot into the regular windows, but if the option to setup is selected, it goes to a black screen and stays there.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Well, in that case, there is something wrong with the CD, itself, OR with your hardware.
Did you try CD in another computer?
If it checks out, I'd run HD, and RAM tests.
If there is something wrong with your hardware, Vista won't go either.

qcnuke

qcnuke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hey great, I appreciate that. I'll se ewhat I can do.

Thanks!!

Robbie

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Keep us posted :)

Advertisements

qcnuke

qcnuke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thank you, I will try. I do not know how to iniate any of the tests as of yet, but I am trying to find out.

Thanks for any and everything.
Robbie

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
1. Run memtest

Click this for a guide to using Memtest

Click this to download Memtest

Run it overnight if possible.

2. HD test: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Also keep in mind that before you go to Vista (if that is what you choose), you have to be sure your computer meets the Vista standards.

But Broni is correct that we should try and identify why XP wont load.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

before you go to Vista (if that is what you choose), you have to be sure your computer meets the Vista standards

...and, obviously, the computer must be in perfect working condition.
Did you check that CD on another computer?

qcnuke

qcnuke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks Guys. I have not tried the CD on a different Computer as yet, but I hope to have the chance tomorrow. When I can load and copy the information you have given me at work, I will take it home and give it all a try aslo.

The computer I am working with is a Pentium D Dual Core, but I only have 2G RAM right now. I want to take it to 4 when I get things right. Which is the best DDR2 Memory folks to go with for the least amount of troubles? (Future) As you have probably guessed by now, I am less than novice in this field. I can assemble the stuff, but making things quit messing up and work is out of my genre for sure. I really do appreciate all the time and help you guys are giving in helping me with this. I hope I can follow along and pull it off.

Thanks,

Robbie