Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

External Hard drive

• Please log in to reply

Gemius

Gemius

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
I've recently bought an external Hard Drive case and installed a spare SATA drive I bought when I assembled the computer. I have Vista Home Premium and an Asus motherboard which supports e SATA.
I hoped to use it as a back up via Windows LiveOne Care but while the drive shows up in My Computer LiveOne Care doesn't seem to recognise it and there is no way of selecting back up to an external drive.
I would like an opinion as to whether using LiveOne Care is the best way of backing up and if so how, or is there other software which would do the job, or should I just drag and drop files over at regular intervals.

Advertisements