Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003 - "MSNCON32.dll" not installed

• Please log in to reply

Bahgwan

Bahgwan

• Pip
  • 6 posts
When trying to start Outlook 2003 I get the message "The add-in "msncon32.dll" could not be installed. The Outlook shuts down. Any Help?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Open Word then press help then detect and repair, have a tick in restore my shortcuts and you will need the Office CD

Bahgwan

Bahgwan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Keith:
Thank you very much for your reply. However...When I followed your directions I received the following message: "MSLEXEC.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". Any suggestions?

I ran Pest Patrol and Scanned for Viruses. All was O-kee-do-kee.

Edited by Bahgwan, 09 May 2005 - 09:24 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then add / remove then click change Office 2003 then click repair.

If you get the same error and you have not got a lot of e-mail or you do not need them, then select re-install.

If you need any e-mails then save them before selecting re-install as this should overwrite the current installation.

Have you run Office Update

Bahgwan

Bahgwan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Keith:

Thank you for your help. I followed your instructions and all failed. I was about to go to step two and reinstall Outlook when a friend called. I tolk him about the problem and he suggested one other option B-4 I reinstall Outlook.

Try and create a new profile. Maybe my current default profile was corrupted. Thinking it wouldn't hurt I tried just that. After creating the new profile I rebooted and restarted Outlook. It asked which profile I wanted to use. Selected the new one and Whamo there I was up and running with all of my old saved messages.

I then went in and deleated the old default profile and all is well.

I wanted to let you know this since you were nice enough to take your time to respond to my problem.

Regards

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank you for letting me know how you repaired Outlook.

I would not have considered a new profile as I would not expect it to let you access your existing e-mail. Let us hope this does not mean anyone can boot a PC, enter a new profile and access all the mail.

I suppose if you entered the details of the other profile now, it would let you use it

Edited by Keith, 12 May 2005 - 01:51 PM.

jaxmac

jaxmac

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had exact same problem that Keith did and followed his instructions and it works like a charm. Fixed the msncon32.dll error message immediately and I'm back in business. Thanks Keith!