Ok, the configuration seems fine. Do you have the DVD drive attached to the end of the ribbon cable or to the middle connector?
Can you try a couple more things a minute :
1. I don't know how much info is displayed in a Packard Bell Bios but try this anyway : Reboot the system & go into the bios - usually by pressing the F1 or the F2 key a few times a couple of seconds after the system powers on.
2. In the bios, there should be a list of all the installed drives. Make sure that the DVD drive is in this list & let me know what the settings are for it (if any). Failing that, run the auto-detect drive option if there is one.
3. When you've done that, exit out of the bios & boot windows in safe mode - press F8 key several times just before windows starts to load. This should bring up a boot menu - select safe mode from the menu & press Enter.
4. When windows has loaded, go into device manager, & look in the CD section. If any of the CDROM/DVD devices appear more than once, then delete all of them. If they only appear once, then don't delete. If there are any devices listed that are no longer installed on your system, delete them also.
5. Reboot the system normally. If you did delete all the CD/DVD devices, then they will be reinstalled on reboot.
Let me know what happens.