Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Creating a Bart's boot disk?

• Please log in to reply

Reddoug

Reddoug

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
Hi All

Not sure if this is the correct place for this post. I am creating a boot disk. I would like to be able is add a cleaner and a defrag programs onto the disk. I am trying to figure out how to add them as plug ins. Is this possible and what would I have to do to be able too? Have been looking on the net but have not found an answer to my problem.

Thanks, Doug

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try looking here for what you want to install as plugins...UBCD4WIN is based or BARTPE...its one of my "goto" tools...I highly recommend it...

Reddoug

Reddoug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
Thanks for the reply. Tried to get it to work but was unable to. I copied the plugins into Bart's PE. It works but I have alot of the same applications. I think I will remove Bart's and UCB4WIN and reinstall them. I get A WARNING froim AVG since I installed UCB4WIN. I will keep pluggin away at it.

Thanks
Doug

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

I get A WARNING froim AVG since I installed UCB4WIN

those are false positives...
Main Forum: UBCD4Windows - Support > AntiVirus False positives and Hash Check problems
go here and in thread 9 at the time of this writing...

When Installing UBCD4win and building AVG will interfere. When the AVG questions come up click add to the allowed list and /or "ignore" . This will take a few passes to get the allow list to stop AVG from interfering with installs or builds.