Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CachemanXP

• Please log in to reply

xpdude

xpdude

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Has anyone ever used this program? Does it help significantly to optimize my laptop for speed? Is it dangerous? Please help! My computer has been really slow. I've tried everything. I heard that programs that clean registys are extremley dangerous.

Edited by xpdude, 02 January 2009 - 03:00 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
These programs claim to speed things up by purging the system memory of unneeded "data".
In reality all they do is swap out shed loads of data that Windows will immediately load back in again as soon as you open a new window, making things even slower than they were before.
Realistically if the laptop is slow now, these programs won't make any difference. Far better performance may be obtained by putting new hardware in the computer, most likely extra memory. Either that or the computer is most likely infected.