Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video drivers

• Please log in to reply

popsicleman

popsicleman

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
my NVIDIA drivers wont install it says there was a file transfer error near the end of the install process can someone please help me.

Advertisements

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Howszit? & Happy New Year!

If you're installing from a CD, make sure the data surface is clean, no smudges or dirt. If there is, clean with plain water and a smooth cloth. If you have downloaded the drivers from Nvidia, try to download again, (your downloaded file may have been corrupted during the transfer).

Hope this helps...

Edited by Mark D, 03 January 2009 - 01:22 AM.

popsicleman

popsicleman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
sorry but didn't work, but the error message says feature transfer error and something about the drivers.

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Let's back up a little. Click on Start, Control Panel and then System. Once in the System control panel, click on Hardware and then device manager. You will see a list of the devices on your system. If there are any with question marks, please tell me what they are. If there are no question marks, expand the display adapter and tell me what is listed there...