Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Photoshop CS2 Challenge Code

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi, I hope somebody here can help me. I had to rebuild my computer with new everything. I need to load CS2 back onto the "new" computer. I purchased the full program (PS7, 2003) and have upgraded since then. I DO NOT have my original program disk, just the Upgrade CS2 disk, with a valid serial number. I contacted Adobe and they told me there would be no problem as all of my purchases were on file, BUT, I needed to call Customer Service because the process is time sensitive.

I called and spoke to someone told me to do several things to make a "challenge code" appear and then he could give me a number to type in to unlock the upgrade disk so it would load this one time. He told me to browse the disk, select "Adobe® Photoshop® CS2 instmsia.exe" and the type UNLOCK=1 and press run...it did not work; so he told me to get rid of the ®'s, but that did not work; then he told me to put the ®'s back in, but it did not work. If it did work, I was to type in "Control-Shift" and double click on the screen. When it didn't work, he told me to "work on it myself until I could get the challenge code and then call back?"

What kind of help is that? Is there anybody else that remembers what you need to do to get that challenge code so I can call them back and hopefully get help this time? THANK YOU so much...Cory

P.S. I am using XP Pro SP3

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,917 posts
  • MVP
If I were you, I'd call back and ask for better help this time. That is unprofessional - they should be able to provide better assistance than that. Unfortunately, we can't help you here, because it would violate our TOU:

Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any passwords.

This is, in essence, a password and we can't help you with it.