Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP will not start normally, with last good settings, or in safe mode

• Please log in to reply

DaScorp

DaScorp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, so I am running Windows XP on my Black Macbook, using bootcamp, to play a few games. It is in a FAT32 format, and it's only about 20 Gigs. All was running fine for a while, and tonight it just like died. I was in my game, and a blue screen came up saying something about a software/driver meltdown but it went away after like 2 seconds so I couldnt get a good look at it. I'm not sure if this has to do with it, but this is what I have hooked up to it, and maybe the drivers messed it up?:

USB Mouse
USB Splitter (Only have 2 ports on comp, but need 3)
a "Fatal1ty Headset"
n52te gaming controller
Apple Power Cord

Scenarios:

If I try starting Normally-
It boots, and it gets past the windows logo with the bar, but then the blue screen described above comes up and it reboots

If I try starting with Last Good Settings-
It will make me do some Disk Check that takes about 2 minutes, and then displays results and doesn't do anything, so I have to shut down.

If I try Safe Mode-
It does the EXACT SAME THING as starting it normally

I don't really know what to do :) I'm in Maine away from my house right now so I don't have my XP discs and I would normally just reinstall windows, but I can't and I won't be home for a few days and it would suck sitting around without my games for a few days during my break from school :)

THANKS FOR THE HELP

Advertisements

DaScorp

DaScorp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Anything? :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff