Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Limit access to programs for one user

• Please log in to reply

mrsdingbat

mrsdingbat

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I want to set up a user account for my granddaughter with limited computer access.

She has a program called A+. It is a program for school work.

I have the program installed on my computer, but I want to set it up so that when she signs into her new user account she is limit to that one program ONLY. It does connect to the internet, but I do not want her to be able to do anything else on the internet. Currently I have to continually monitor her use, to be sure she isn't going where she should not be.

Thanks

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
probably the best solution for you is to use OpenDNS...

OpenDNS gives you more than 50 filtering categories to choose from. Simply check the boxes of the categories you want to block and watch your filtering take effect within minutes....you can read more about it here....

Edited by happyrock, 04 January 2009 - 09:48 AM.

Gnomad1600

Gnomad1600

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
You may also look at Windows Steady State, it is free from Microsoft and should do what you need it to do.

Oblivionon360

Oblivionon360

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
ok i actually have windows steady state on my computer s that way i can control who gets on the administrative account. but i cant seem to figure out why when the remove admin name from welcome screen is checked why does it not remove my name from the welcome screen it says im suppoed to hit ctrl+alt+del twice to show it but it is already there i want to remove it so it doesnt appear and i do actually hve to hit the ctrl+alt+del

cook777

cook777

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

ok i actually have windows steady state on my computer s that way i can control who gets on the administrative account. but i cant seem to figure out why when the remove admin name from welcome screen is checked why does it not remove my name from the welcome screen it says im suppoed to hit ctrl+alt+del twice to show it but it is already there i want to remove it so it doesnt appear and i do actually hve to hit the ctrl+alt+del

When you click ctrl+alt+del does anything come up?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi boottothehead you need to start your own thread in the software forums... :)