Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IDE disk failure

• Please log in to reply

Nobaya

Nobaya

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer (Dell Dimension 8300) gave me a blue screen after which I have not been able to boot Windows again, even in safe mode. I have been unable to restore to a previous configuration. I used (F-12) diagnostics to try to determine the problem. I get failures on IDE disk read test, IDE disk confidence test, and IDE disk verify test. I get many error messages

most say Error Code 0F00 0244 followed by Msg: Block 377548 Uncorrectable data error or media is write protected. The Msg:Block number changes, (dozens of them) but the rest of the message remains the same,

although I also got:

0F00.133D Msg IDE device failed incompatible CD for testing

So, do I need a new hard drive? Something else?

Thanks
Nobaya

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

My computer (Dell Dimension 8300) gave me a blue screen after which I have not been able to boot Windows again, even in safe mode. I have been unable to restore to a previous configuration. I used (F-12) diagnostics to try to determine the problem. I get failures on IDE disk read test, IDE disk confidence test, and IDE disk verify test. I get many error messages

most say Error Code 0F00 0244 followed by Msg: Block 377548 Uncorrectable data error or media is write protected. The Msg:Block number changes, (dozens of them) but the rest of the message remains the same,

although I also got:

0F00.133D Msg IDE device failed incompatible CD for testing

So, do I need a new hard drive? Something else?

Thanks
Nobaya

Thank you for giving me this much great info. Yes it is the hard drive get a new one.

baula

baula

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
take a look at this search
http://www.google.co...

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Your welcome. I got your pm stating that you will be getting another PSU.