Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Taskbar shows up when moving the cursor down

• Please log in to reply

geno368

geno368

• PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
I am working on a Dell Latitude and when I move the cursor down to the usual taskbar location, it doesn't pop up. This is not my laptop and it has not been used in a while. How do I re-generate the taskbar in XP, sp3?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Okay, forgive me here but with all due respect, if it's not your laptop may I ask what you're doing with it please?

geno368

geno368

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
I guess the question needs answering..lol...it belongs to my son and he asked me to clean it up.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• 12,300 posts
What do you mean by "doesn't pop-up"? Taskbar should be there all the time.

Edited by Broni, 03 January 2009 - 10:32 PM.

geno368

geno368

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Taskbar doesn't show up a all....let me explain....This laptop was dropped and the display is trashed. I connected my lcd by serial to it and the display is screwed up...I can't seem to get the lower part to show up. I went to display in CP and tried to adjust with no change.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I see. That explains a lot. Is missing taskbar the ONLY issue?

geno368

geno368

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Thanks for your reply. I brought the system up in safe mode and the display is just a small box,(7" x 7") at the bottom of my monito. The text is garbled and hard to read. I also hooked up my dsl with an ethernet cable and it doesn;t load. Device manager has a yellow ("?") When I do a control + escape, it only shows me the very top of the task box. I can't drag it at all.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I think, the laptop has some serious issues caused by dropping it. IMHO, it'd be next to impossible to diagnose it on-line. Probably, pro shop is your best bet, but you have to consider the cost of diagnostic, plus replacing the screen vs laptop's worth.